Hi,

this is the official announcement for our Primecoin mining pool www.beeeeer.org

SERVICE HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN

please search for an alternative mining pool

read this for more information — thanks to all supporters

IRC: #beeeeer.org @ FreeNode

Some stats/features:

[ul][li]adjustable pool fee (per miner, default: 2%, minimum: 1%)[/li]
[li]integrated developer fee, depends on the used miner (1% for developer, see miner updates/announcements)[/li]
[li]no registration needed, username is your primecoin-payout-address[/li]
[li]custom protocol & miner (based on mikaelh’s high-performance client)[/li]
[li]your payouts are executed, when you reach 2.01 XPMs (1.01 will follow within the next weeks (August 2014))[/li]
[li]CPPSRB-based payout system, you’re paid per share, current share values are shown on the main page: READ ABOUT CPPSRB (donate!)[/li]
[li]high end visual stunning plain-text web interface[/li][/ul]

ToDo:

[ul][li][POOL] payout for abandoned payout addresses after X days of inactivity[/li]
[li][POOL] web-interface: link to the miner binaries (when everything is ready/stable/out-of-beta)[/li]
[li][MINER] maybe ‘gbt’ or ‘xpt’ protocol…[/li][/ul]

Link:
www.beeeeer.org

Client / Miner: v2.0a (GPU/EXPERIMENTAL) !!!

see this post: GPU miner

linux / osx / github: source (branch ‘experimental_gpu’)
windows binaries: ‘xolominer’ v2.0a testing/gpu/experimental v5 kernel update (64bit only)

Client / Miner: v1.1a (CPU)

see this post: CPU miner

linux / osx / github: source (branch ‘master’)
windows binaries: ‘xolominer’ v1.1a (32&64bit)

binary is now called ‘xolominer’
preferred build system is now cmake

pool ‘mining’ addresses:
EUROPE: (port: 1337)
NORTH AMERICA: (port: 1337)
(payout is independent from the used pool, choose the one near your location)

you can use the same payout address for multiple machines to mine on!
i dont recommend to use a payout address coming from a crypto trading place, as you won’t have control/keys for that address (but it is possible to use them in most cases (=depending on the service you use))

usage:

[code]primeminer -pooluser=[xpm-payout-address] -poolip=[choose-from-above] -poolport=1337 -genproclimit=[threads-to-use]

optional:
-minerid=[0 - 65000, default: 0]
-poolfee=[1 - 100 (in %), default: 2%]
-devfeeid=<#> [default: 0 (1% to ‘mikaelh’)]
-poolip2= (as fallback, along with -poolport2=)
-poolip3= (as fallback, along with -poolport3=)
-exitondisc=1 (as exit-on-fail, instead of retrying the connection)
alternative ports: 21, 443, 8080, 13337

example:
primeminer -pooluser=AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd -poolip= -minerid=42 -poolport=1337 -genproclimit=4

additional: from mikaelh’s mining code
-sievesize=<#>
-sieveextensions=<#>
-sievefilterprimes=<#>
-l1cachesize=<#>[/code]
OR create a config file named “xolominer.cfg” in the directory of the binary and add e.g.

poolip=176.34.128.129 poolport=1337 pooluser=AamzxmqHRTEB2Hz5VFdvY4j19XiqmPYMpT genproclimit=2
…to the config file and launch the binary

compilation:

» sudo apt-get install git cmake g++ build-essential libboost-all-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev » git clone https://github.com/thbaumbach/primecoin.git xolominer » cd xolominer && mkdir bin && cd bin » cmake .. » make
(please be aware that the names of the required libraries (first command) can differ depending on your linux distribution)

FAQ:

Please, be careful with your setup/settings and your hardware.

We are not responsible for any damage to your computer system or data with our provided
service and software and in no event will we be responsible for any consequential, incidental,
or indirect damages arising out of the use or inability to use our service or software.
Botnets & cheaters are not welcome. Addresses may be suspended without prior notice!

any clues/evidence/hints are helpful! Please, help us.

Any known issues?
High workload during night times cause communication delay on the server side (this leads to a increased amount of rejects), i’m working on this.

Why ‘beeeeer.org’?
Everybody loves beer, that’s why. (Ok, almost everybody)

Has the server crashed again?
If the status page isn’t available: yup - something really bad happened. Everything is still (and will always be?) in beta/testing phase, don’t panic, everything will be ok!!

• xolokram, glhf

ps. yes, i shamelessly copied parts of the ypool announcement :wink:
pps. props to mikaelh, sunnyking & fuzzybear for their work
ppps. did i miss something?

[RESERVED]

Nice i’ll have to give this a try tonight, I’ll make the thread sticky for you :slight_smile:

I’m in!

Wow, that was fast, thank you.

btw. the jhPrimeminer should work too (!!!)
but mumus version of jhPrimeminer has to be fixed first, there’s a bug in his ‘getwork’ protocol code (I will add the .diff file later, for his code)

• xolokram

ps. quirlorimbo is my “partner-in-crime”
pps. added the windows binary & ‘getwork’ fix for mumus’ jhPrimeminer (v7.1) to the first post

thanks…

btw … you cannot use -u and -p:

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::runtime_error’
what(): Add the parameter -pooluser= and -poolpassword=

use -pooluser= and -poolpassword= instead.

Is there a chance you publish the sources for the server?

yeah, you’re right — stupid copy&paste mistake — I will correct that.

atm I don’t plan to publish the source code for the server, sorry.

• xolokram

Can you explain what i see on your website in /user/#id!?

sure, the values you see there are your shares and the corrosponding count for the current round/block

“0” → rejected - mostly due to a pool restart (when your client doesn’t ask for new work soon enough)
“6”, “7”, “8”, “9” → shares (6-chain, 7-chain etc.)
“” → you’ve found the block (the round ends, the block gets saved for later payout info and is visible in the “blocks” info page)
“” → this could’ve been a share, but it’s stale

stale & ‘rejected’ values should be <1%
as I stated in the first post, there’s the chance, that the (windows) client doesnt reconnect to the pool properly, when the server gets restarted — this typically leads to ‘rejected’ values

• xolokram

ps. there was a restart this morning due to a crash, I’m investigating — all shares were restored

Um for those of us who don’t regularly patch things with .diff files, how the hell do we fix the jhprimeminer with the .diff file?
Also nice to see a new pool try to challenge ypool’s reign. Though I am kinda upset over the 3 xpm min, it should be 2 in my opinion.
But really I am really sad that I can’t use any of these to mine due to the getwork issue, as they are vastly superior to the previous versions IE v7.1 and below

[quote=“theprofileth, post:10, topic:342”]Um for those of us who don’t regularly patch things with .diff files, how the hell do we fix the jhprimeminer with the .diff file?
Also nice to see a new pool try to challenge ypool’s reign. Though I am kinda upset over the 3 xpm min, it should be 2 in my opinion.
But really I am really sad that I can’t use any of these to mine due to the getwork issue, as they are vastly superior to the previous versions IE v7.1 and below[/quote]
Ask someone nicely who has a working compilation-environment for jhPrimeminer or do a patch/pull request? Or maybe configure your own environment? Or use the other client?

I’m mostly working in Linux, that’s why I concentrate on the *nix/mingw software. jhPrimeminer support and the quick look into mumus’ client source code was not my main focus, I just wanted to fix the ‘getwork’ protocol issue ASAP.

The xpm-payout-barrier is something we can discuss here
Since payouts will be automatically executed I think this barrier shouldnt be too low to keep the xpm-network-transaction-fee on an acceptable level.

Yeah, challenging ypool is quite tough. Does someone know what shares yPool is counting on their block stats page ?? (5,6,7,8,9… chains or 6,7,8,9… chains?)

• xolokram

ps. I made a pull request for mumus jhPrimeminer for the ‘getwork’ protocol issue, let’s see what he thinks about it…

Sorry I did not mean to be rude, just I REALLY want to mine at your pool but if I can’t use the latest jhprimeminer I am really just losing out on about half of my hashing power (yes the newer versions are that much better)
So in summary, I want to mine really bad at your pool even if it is less profitable, I just don’t want to mine there if it can’t do any good.

no problem.

I just don’t wanted to offer my compilation of jhPrimeminer here because I configured my Visual Studio environment (which is needed for jhPrimeminer) very dirty — this means it’s not really optimized (regarding: used libs / compile options / AVX suppot etc. pp.). I just wanted to check if the miner gets work from the pool and is doing something useful. I hope “hg5fm” will offer a fixed version of the “mumus” miner ASAP, or maybe the creator of the “RdB” version (never heard of that before) will fix it (my pull request is already on github).

I may look into the configuration for jhPrimeminer and release a fixed version on my own, when I got time for this. Atm the pool & my miner are the first priority.

• xolokram

[size=5pt]ps. pool restarted due to smaller code changes[/size]

Nice. Just had this on my screen

xxxx147693d1c235cca3b!!
Target: 09.dbfc73
Chain: TWN06.aa17xx
[WORKER] share submitted -> SHARE

So was it a 6-chain share? Does it mean I get the same payout for finding a 6-chain and a 9-chain?

[quote=“mhps, post:14, topic:342”]Nice. Just had this on my screen

xxxx147693d1c235cca3b!!
Target: 09.dbfc73
Chain: TWN06.aa17xx
[WORKER] share submitted -> SHARE

So was it a 6-chain share? Does it mean I get the same payout for finding a 6-chain and a 9-chain?[/quote]
yup, you’ve found a 6-chain share

the console output tells you:

• the difficulty aka target length - needed to ‘identify’ a block (this value will change if a new block has been found on the network and your client is informed about that (every ~60 seconds))

• what you’ve found: Chain: TWN06.aa17xx
    which decodes into .
    where can be: 1CC, 2CC or TWN (describes what kind of primechain you’ve found)
    length is most important as it will tell you if it’s a 6,7,8 or 9-chain share (atm they have the same value regarding the payout, but maybe we will change that later for future blocks)

• xolokram

The probablity of finding an n+1 chain is about 10 times smaller than finding an n chain. So giving all chains the same weight you are inviting shorter chains – people will mod the miner to find and submit tons of shorter chains. That is why ypool changed its policy at http://community.ypool.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=63 to give more weight to the longer chains. Then payout is calculated according to weighted chains (share) counts.

But I think ypool is over doing it. Now it’s really the 9 chains that really count. It feels a little like soloing.

Would be cool if your pool calculated the weight of the shares based on the actual difficulty of each one precisely. You could wait until after a block to do the calculations if you don’t want to have to worry about demanding processing, plus you got like 2999 blocks before it needs to be calculated anyways lol

i’m aware of that. i think - like mhps - ypool’s ratio is too aggressive. after we’ll find the first block we’ll have ~53 hours before confirmations are through and the first payout (which i guess will be quite uninteresting since it will be hard for someone to reach the 3 XPMs) will be executed. we can figure out a ratio until then.

atm i dont recommend to use the jhPrimeminer, there’s a problem with the share submission code too, i will check the code. please use my miner instead.

• xolokram

how about 64 bit client version … seems it will be more fast or i am wrong?

This seems really great. If this turns out alright I could help with the website stuff.