[ANN] beeeeer.org - PPS Primecoin pool! ------- DEAD

@xolokram , the same happened on my paravirtualized Cent6 VM on Cent5
http://pastebin.com/PrKYf5NB
and there’s the log you’ve requested .
my ovz vm running Fedora is doing alright though ,
any thoughts?

after it crashs, type “bt” into the gdb console, and send me the output
and you compiled it with the “-g” parameter, right?
(use Private Messages to answer, we don’t want to pollute the thread with stuff like this)

• xolokram

ps. i have to go now, i’ll be back in a few hours, stay frosty

i’ve recompiled it with -g parameter , i’ve figured out what the problem is !!!
it’s because of my internet , they have deep packet inspection in place , and they drop your packets !!!
i’ve made a vpn and it started to mine !!!

Decided to give this a try today to see how it compares to yPool.

Looks like the first XPM being credited towards my address are from the 3rd block that the pool has discovered to date.

http://www.beeeeer.org/block/153134

The Primeminer v01 is looking fairly stable for a Beta. I’ll leave it running through the night and see if it survives to the morning. I’ve been having to run the yPool miner in a batch file that restarts it every hour or so I’ll see if this one looks like it will need the same treatment or not.

May I suggest a link to the Miner download on the main page of the Beeeeer.org website.

block #4

i compiled the 64bit version of the miner for windows (what a pain, i should clean up the code and remove the old lib dependencies!). it’s faster now (on 64bit machines). see OP.

• xolokram >:(

[quote=“xolokram, post:38, topic:342”]Ah ok, I see what you mean. Mh, unless you dont want to use multiple addresses, which isn’t really a good idea, you just can’t.
I will think about it, maybe I will use the password field for this. I will work up something.
there need to be way more statistics on the web front anyway — because everybody loves statistics, right?

• xolokram

ps. arrrgh, i hate the github web interface :slight_smile:
pps. block #2 with 27630 shares[/quote]Yeah the passworld field will work just fine. Just each password is a unique miner, or they can just use numbers or something.

Great Job!!

I just connected my first miner to the pool, I´m looking forward to compile a Linux binary today if I can.

Good luck!

Started mining last night. Win 7 64 sp1, experienced the reconnection bug.
Gonna have to make auto restart script.
Major props, ypool sucks.

I can`t understand how to mine on Ubuntu 12\13? Can somebody make a detailed instruction for noob? :slight_smile:

I guess I´m missing something.

Pulled form both sources but my compilation fails with the following errors:

In file included from main.cpp:16:
prime.h:10:17: warning: gmp.h: No existe el fichero o el directorio -> (this means file not found in spanish)
prime.h:11:19: warning: gmpxx.h: No existe el fichero o el directorio
prime.h:51: error: ´mpz_class´ does not name a type
prime.h:52: error: ´mpz_class´ does not name a type
prime.h:53: error: ´mpz_class´ does not name a type
prime.h:54: error: ´mpz_class´ does not name a type
prime.h:70: error: ´mpz_class´ has not been declared
prime.h:75: error: variable or field ´PrimorialAt´ declared void
prime.h:75: error: ´mpz_class´ was not declared in this scope
prime.h:75: error: ´bn´was not declared in this scope
prime.h:75: error: ´mpz_class´ was not declared in this scope
prime.h:75: error: ´mpzPrimorial´was not declared in this scope
prime.h:129: error: ´mpz_class´ has not been declared
prime.h:129: error: ´mpz_class´ has not been declared
prime.h:163: error: ´mpz_class´ does not name a type
prime.h:164: error: ´mpz_class´ does not name a type
prime.h:206: error: ´mpz_class´ has not been declared
prime.h:206: error: ´mpz_class´ has not been declared
prime.h: In constructor ´CSieveOfEratosthenes::CSieveOfEratosthenes(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, int&, int&, CBlockIndex*)´:
prime.h:212: error: ´class CSieveOfEratosthenes´ has no member named ´mpzHash´
prime.h:213: error: ´class CSieveOfEratosthenes´ has no member named ´mpzFixedMultiplier´
prime.h: At global scope:
prime.h:412: error: variable or field ´mpz_set_uint256´ declared void
prime.h:412: error: ´mpz_t´ was not declared in this scope
prime.h:412: error: expected primary-expression before ´&´ token
prime.h:412: error: ´u´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp: In function ´void BitcoinMiner(CWallet*, CBlockProvider*, unsigned int)´:
main.cpp:4646: error: ´mpz_class´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:4646: error: expected ´;´ before ´mpzHash´
main.cpp:4660: error: ´mpzHash´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:4660: error: ´mpz_set_uint256´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:4661: error: ´mpz_divisible_ui_p´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:4674: error: expected ´;´ before ´mpzPrimorial´
main.cpp:4678: error: ´mpzPrimorial´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:4687: error: expected ´;´ before ´mpzMultiplierMin´
main.cpp:4688: error: ´mpzMultiplierMin´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:4694: error: expected ´;´ before ´mpzFixedMultiplier´
main.cpp:4696: error: ´mpzFixedMultiplier´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:4698: error: ´mpzFixedMultiplier´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:4703: error: ´mpzFixedMultiplier´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:4703: error: ´mpzHash´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:4852: error: ´mpzHash´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:4852: error: ´mpz_set_uint256´ was not declared in this scope
main.cpp:4853: error: ´mpz_divisible_ui_p´ was not declared in this scope
prime.h: At global scope:
prime.h:19: warning: ´thread_num_max´ defined but not used
make: *** [obj/main.o] Error 1

I used a Debian Squeeze 64bit for this compilation (where I have successfully used hp10).

cheers!

UPDATE: used Ubuntu 13 and the compilation worked. I´ll check back on debian what I´m doing wrong.

hi

block #12 atm :smiley: gj

tomorrow will be the (not too interesting) payout for block #1 (aka 151881). as i said before, i will execute the first payouts manually. if everything works fine, i will setup a script for automatic payouts. we should discuss the share value ratios for future blocks here.

@Grekk:
[from a (VERY) old howto i wrote someday] try:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install git g++ libboost-all-dev libdb+±dev build-essential libgmp-dev libssl-dev
git clone https://bitbucket.org/thbaumbach/primecoin-hp.git
cd primecoin-hp/src
make -j 3 -f makefile.unix primeminer

@pt0x:
you have to install the GMP library first. in debian64 that should be (as root): apt-get install lib64gmp3 lib64gmp3-dev lib64gmpxx4
check compile instructions for mikaelh’s client of primecoin (here? and on bitcointalk?) if you want to know more

• xolokram

[quote=“xolokram, post:51, topic:342”]@Grekk:
[from a (VERY) old howto i wrote someday] try:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install git g++ libboost-all-dev libdb+±dev build-essential libgmp-dev libssl-dev
git clone https://bitbucket.org/thbaumbach/primecoin-hp.git
cd primecoin-hp/src
make -j 3 -f makefile.unix primeminer[/quote]
Thanks, I joined)

Is this normal? Appears in almost every request to new data.

no response from server [REQUEST] reply empty / long-poll timeout (re-polling!)

And the question… how to change the settings?

GeneratePrimeTable() : setting nSieveExtensions = 6, nSievePercentage = 10, nSieveSize = 1000000 GeneratePrimeTable() : prime table [1, 1000000] generated with 78498 primes long polling header found

the “no response from server” / “empty reply” message is part of the long polling feature, it’s just a verbose output
this message should appear only every minute (maximum)

if it happens more often, something’s wrong with the connecten (on server or client side)

-sieveextensions
-sievepercentage
-sievesize
are the parameters for mining

[quote=“xolokram, post:53, topic:342”]the “no response from server” / “empty reply” message is part of the long polling feature, it’s just a verbose output

if it happens more often, something’s wrong with the connecten (on server or client side)

-sieveextensions
-sievepercentage
-sievesize
are the parameters for mining[/quote]

Xolokram thanks for the help! you are a hero!.

I was able to compile on debian successfully (my bad), on the other hand I started to have a lot of rejected shares an then I discovered that besides port 9912, TCP port 9999 (outgoing) It´s also needed for the long polling feature to work right and avoid so many rejected shares.

Like you I was disappointed that I couldn’t find a native pool miner for Linux and other OSs. Your implementation look very solid.

If you need help to translate the site to Spanish or an extra hand with anything, I’m willing to help.

Good luck!!

[quote=“xolokram, post:53, topic:342”]the “no response from server” / “empty reply” message is part of the long polling feature, it’s just a verbose output

if it happens more often, something’s wrong with the connecten (on server or client side)[/quote] may be pool is too busy?

[quote=“Grekk, post:55, topic:342”][quote=“xolokram, post:53, topic:342”]the “no response from server” / “empty reply” message is part of the long polling feature, it’s just a verbose output

if it happens more often, something’s wrong with the connecten (on server or client side)[/quote] may be pool is too busy?[/quote]

I’m starting to see the same output on my miners

any chances on releasing the source code for your back end? I’d be interested in doing some developing on this project, especially if it became open source. This would greatly reduce the ypool monopoly.

From the looks of the stats, each step up in chain length comes with a tenfold decrease in the number found.

So if you find 5000 6-chains shares, it’s likely that you will find 500 7-chains, 50 8-chains, and only 5 9-chains.

Taking that into consideration share value should look something like this:

0.01 per 6-chain
0.1 per 7-chain
1 per 8 chain
10 per 9-chain
etc.

What I can’t see from looking at the stats is who the block finder is, and what their chain counts are. Perhaps you should take the chain counts from the block finders and use those to determine more accurate ratios.

I would like to see some sort of bonus for the block finder, maybe 5% of the total block reward. After all regardless of the amount of work any of us do, we only get a payout when someone gets lucky and finds a block. I like the idea of getting paid for getting lucky :wink:

hi,

first payout is through: http://www.beeeeer.org/payouts

explanation about what you see:

• info about the current block reward and previous rewards and xpm-transaction-fees
  • “prev” will contain a list of waiting payouts from previous blocks (this is empty for the first block)
  • “add” contains payouts for the current block
  • “payout” is the actual payout for this block which will be executed (remember the current 3 XPM payout barrier!)
  • “next” contains the payout information for the next block

@pt0x:
port 9999 is the port for the long polling. It needs to be reachable for your client, otherwise alot of rejects will appear.

@Grekk:
Server isn’t to busy right now, there are still recources left and 500+ connections should be such a big problem.

If it would’ve been a problem on the server side, the rejects for everyone would go up. But atm it looks like that this is a client side problem as there are some people in the block-share-details who have <1% rejects/stales.

@pt0x & Grekk:
do the “no response from server” / “empty reply” happen more often that once every minute?? windows? linux?
restart the client and does it happen again? if so, then it’s a serious problem. if not, then you lost the connection to the server and the -stupid- reconnection bug appeared on your client side (i mentioned it on the OP, i thought it’s only happening on the windows client).

@zeta:
at the moment i’m not planning to release the source code. maybe in the future, i will think about it.

@AlexMc:
yeah, that’s a pretty straight-forward ratio for the share values. block finder is the one where the share details contain a value equal to the block height (>100000, check “…vatDnEM” on block 151881). i will think about the rewards. :slight_smile:

• xolokram

ps. i’m in a hurry right now, if i’m missing something tell me :wink: i will be back later today
pps. block 155355 found after ~250 shares :o

You need to add the time found each block.

How to view the total number of coins produced by me?