An Idea to Promote Peercoin Using Peershares

Hello Everybody,

This is the first time I open a new thread in peercointalk forum. Let me do a short introduction of myself. I knew Peercoin several months ago from my friend. After reading and thinking a lot, I believe in Peercoin now. And I believe PoS will be the top contribution to cryptocurrencies after Bitcoin, and the world will thank for Peercoin developers and community, it is only a matter of time.

So I wrote an article to analysis the advantages of Peercoin, in order to introduced Peercoin to Chinese. This article was initially issued on my friend’s website “Chinese Peercoin Community”, here is the link http://diandianbi.org/archives/2254. This article has been forwarded to many Chinese websites and forums, and has been read for more than 10,000 times. “diandianbi” is the pronunciation of Peercoin’s Chinese name.

I feel that we should promote Peercoin, we should let people know this best cryptocurrency instead of store up it in our hands. Let’s go to the important part.

Idea to Promote Peercoin Using Peershares

This idea is to set up a fund which helps US and Europe investors to get much higher interest of their deposit. The fund can be issued and interest can be distributed using Peershares and Peercoin.

There’s a strong need in the market to get interest from people’s deposit. As I see, in Europe and USA, the interest of deposit is almost 0. But in the other side of the earth, the second largest economy and market, the deposit interest is more than 5% a year now.

You see the big difference? If we can have a manager to issue a fund using Peershares & Peercoin and deposit this money (CNY) in China’s bank, we can make a much higher interest for investors.

Investment Suggestion

I believe that if you hold Peercoin, the profit will be much higher than invest in this fund. But if you think you want to have different kinds of investment and you’ve invested enough in Peercoin, you can think about this fund.

Limitations

This fund cannot be big, because China has laws for foreign exchange control. In order to avoid breaking any laws, the fund should be kept under a defined amount. I don’t know the exact number, but I know a Chinese personal is allowed to exchange 50,000 USD a year.

Notice

This thread is only to come up an idea to promote Peercoin. It doesn’t mean I could do / not do something related.

I just think this may be a good idea to help people use Peercoin, hold Peercoin and get benefit from Peercoin.

End

Let’s talk. It’s only an idea.

I think you have done some great work publishing and spreading that article. Much appreciated. And I do like your idea and I’ve thought about it myself as even here in New Zealand you can get more than 3% without many hooks.

But as you mentioned there are some hard to overcome limitations which would increase the risk of investors.
Unfortunately states can still freeze your fiat assets without too many problems, but creating huge trouble for yourself and any people involved. On a small scale you might be able to do some small trades as long as you keep under the radar. But I doubt whether you attract many investors with those relatively small amounts but higher risks. But maybe worth a try?

The big challenge with peershares for each company (especially if more than >10k is involved) is to build an online trust (or risk) profile, so people are willing to invest given a certain return. Producing a prospectus is one, having it verified is another thing. I’m still working out how to do that without having brokers or banks involved. We would also need that to build successful decentral autonomous corporations (DACs). There is some way to go here as well legally and technically.

Appreciate your effort. You are basically proposing carry trade between USD and Renminbi. I see overwhelming risk in exchange rate (PPC/CNY) fluctuations.

Appreciate your effort. You are basically proposing carry trade between USD and Renminbi. I see overwhelming risk in exchange rate (PPC/CNY) fluctuations.[/quote]
I think the risk is more in the USD/CNY exchange rate. Peercoins would only be used to carry over the money and for interest payments (dividends). But maybe we are talking two different models?

Edit: just found this interesting whitepaper: The domain name AltChain.org is for sale
It basically describes the possibilities with a Peershares model. Good read.

太好了,一定要打开中国市场,PPC应可能脱离BTC的影响,走出自己独立的走势!由于PPC的特性,市场成交量太小,中国玩家太少,大资金不敢进场,我们需要改变这种现状!让PPC流行起来!

Yes, this idea is only to use Peercoin as media to exchange USD/EUR to CNY, and use Peershares to collect fund and distribute interest.

This idea was came up because I read some news in China that some people are working on carrying USD cash to China for interest. It is illegal if they carry more than 10,000 USD without claim. But the news says they always carry more than 1 million cash using a fish boat.

If sb. can manage this fund, I am sure it will help people to use Peercoin, hold Peercoin and get benefit from Peercoin.

I have to say, based on my calculation, the manager can only earn a little bit for managing this fund. But he can earn a lot by promoting Peercoin.

I did a Google translate for you:
Great, be sure to open the Chinese market, PPC should be possible from the effects of BTC, out of their own independent movements! Due to the nature of PPC, the market volume is too small, too few Chinese players, big money did not dare to approach, we need to change this situation! Let PPC pop up!

And they need to earn a lot of trust somehow. They would have access to all the funds.

How big is the Chinese Peercoin community? It would be nice if we could all be using the same forum, even though the language barrier is obviously difficult. I know there is this board: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?board=15.0 but it doesn’t seem very active. Are there some changes we can make to encourage the Chinese members of the community to use this site? Maybe giving them a larger section or something else? If there is something we can do, please let us know :slight_smile:

Yes, you are right. China is a very important market to the world. LTC can be raised up to that price because 90% volume happens in China. But I have to say, LTC has not made big improvement and contribution to crypto-currency industry. But Peercoin do make big innovation, improvement and contribution to crypto-currency, PoS may be the only way to survive this industry for long-term.

So we need to make Peercoin more popular, let people know that innovation, improvement and contribution are core value of an alt-coin. It helps for the whole crypto-currency industry.

I understand why Chinese have no interesting in Peercoin. Because almost all Chinese famous people in this industry have invested in PoW mining, they won’t speak for Peercoin to avoid any impact of their investment.

I am working with many friends to let people know the core value of Peercoin, and I am sure we will attract more and more people’s attention.

Yes USD/CNY is a problem – it is manipulated by the PBOC. But the depth of PPC/CNY and PPC/USD is so shallow that moving loads of fiat into (and out of occasionally) PPC will cause great fluctuation in PPC/fiat, especially PPC/CNY in China. A modest $4million carry trade will mobilize 1/10 of total market cap worth of PPC. Of course this isn’t only this proposal’s problem.

Edit: just found this interesting whitepaper: http://www.altchain.org/?q=whitepapers/paper2.html It basically describes the possibilities with a Peershares model. Good read.

Blockchain opens up a lot of possibility to handle digital assets. We have the author – jmzeidner – among us here.

为了更好的向中国推广PPC,我觉得目前应该做好以下几点:
一、PPC的网站和钱包应该找懂中文的人做更友好的汉化,让不懂英文的中国人能更好的理解和使用,特别是目前0.4版本的钱包中文界面很糟糕;
二、我们PPC论坛应该做一个很大的改进,每个用英文\中文发表的帖子都会被自动翻译(用google翻译引擎)为中文\英文(保留原文),然后允许懂中文\英文的人进行修改,改进翻译效果,就像维基百科一样,我们社区的成员可以对这些翻译人员做出捐赠(当然要用PPC),以激励他们的翻译工作;
三、以后想到再说。

[quote=“comfan, post:12, topic:2276”]为了更好的向中国推广PPC,我觉得目前应该做好以下几点:
一、PPC的网站和钱包应该找懂中文的人做更友好的汉化,让不懂英文的中国人能更好的理解和使用,特别是目前0.4版本的钱包中文界面很糟糕;
二、我们PPC论坛应该做一个很大的改进,每个用英文\中文发表的帖子都会被自动翻译(用google翻译引擎)为中文\英文(保留原文),然后允许懂中文\英文的人进行修改,改进翻译效果,就像维基百科一样,我们社区的成员可以对这些翻译人员做出捐赠(当然要用PPC),以激励他们的翻译工作;
三、以后想到再说。[/quote]
Hmm, this begs for another translation:
In order to better promote the PPC to China, I feel that it should do the following:
One, PPC website and purses should look to understand the Chinese people to do more friendly finished, so the Chinese people can not understand English better understand and use, especially in the current 0.4 version of the wallet Chinese interface is very bad;
Second, we should do a PPC forum greatly improved, each in English \ Chinese post will automatically be translated (with google translation engine) to Chinese \ English (keep the original), and then allow to understand the Chinese \ English person modifications, improvements translation effects, like Wikipedia, we members of the community can make a donation (of course, use PPC) of these translators to motivate their translation work;
Third, think later say.

1. I think we might use https://www.transifex.com/ to facilitate translation.
  2. Also the Chinese ppcers are promoting PPC on a loosely-connected way with only a handful of core PPC backers, around 5 ppl I as far as I know.
  3. Good news is that PPC got great potential in China because only a few exchanges are trading PPC.
  4. Next move is that we want to help some startups to use peershares. But we don’t want to spoil the fame of peershares so we need to be careful in picking the right subject.

We are open to any suggestions on how to promote PPC in China.

PPC is not very popular in China and I think that is because lots of Chinese do not understand or believe PPC and POS. It also because the PPC community did not particularly target the Chinese market.

Let’s hope that the new video with Chinese subtitles would help a bit in this area.
And as Redlee says, promoting Peershares is probably the next step.

The language barrier is not easy to solve as automatic translations are usually good for a laugh, but not very good in translating. Manual translating, even with the help with transifex is still relatively a lot of work and gets in the way of smooth communications between the two communities.
But I think we need to invest a bit more time in transifex and publish the best articles, e.g. newsletters and maybe the conclusion of popular threads to start with. I’m still looking for good solution to support tipping for tasks as that might speed up some of that work.

How about anchoring Peercoin with physical gold via Peershares?

Well technically you wouldn’t anchor PPC with gold by just offering gold on Peerchains. It’s only the dividends being paid in PPC.
But I guess you can demand having paid any shares in PPC and make them only payable in PPC, but I don’t think you can enforce the latter. People owning shares can basically sell them to someone else for USD if they want. You can enforce buyback in Peercoins though. Pretty close to anchoring Peercoin with gold I suppose.

Need to clean up my garage to store all those bars of physical gold 8)

Well technically you wouldn’t anchor PPC with gold by just offering gold on Peerchains. It’s only the dividends being paid in PPC.
But I guess you can demand having paid any shares in PPC and make them only payable in PPC, but I don’t think you can enforce the latter. People owning shares can basically sell them to someone else for USD if they want. You can enforce buyback in Peercoins though. Pretty close to anchoring Peercoin with gold I suppose.

Need to clean up my garage to store all those bars of physical gold 8)[/quote]

Another similar idea is to pass-through shares using Peershares. If sb. hold some btc shares in havelock, 796 or other exchange platform, they can pass-through their shares using Peershares.

And if sb. would like to buy real shares of Chinese company. We also can try to find sb. pass-through real shares.

The only purpose is to promote peershares by more usage.