Active Full Nodes Daily Stats - Why the Sudden drop?

From 507 to 458

11% over the short period could be attributed to MS Windows Updates that required a reboot, where people haven’t restarted their wallets etc.

I don’t think it’s any thing to be worried about.

Thireus [29|Nov 08:15 am]: It’s the weekend, prople are turning off computers. Like I said before, the +500 nodes was mainly because people were downloading Peerunity and Peercoin-QT (for 90% of the cases-
Thireus [29|Nov 08:18 am]: Uhm, that drop is very massive, maybe it’s the stat webserver that has an issue

[quote=“ppcman, post:2, topic:3114”]11% over the short period could be attributed to MS Windows Updates that required a reboot, where people haven’t restarted their wallets etc.

I don’t think it’s any thing to be worried about.[/quote]

Ah! Yes good point ppcman. :slight_smile:
Too bad the peercoin version identified doesn’t give us a clue about the OS.

there is a more simpler reason.
i have dynamic ADSL, my IP is changing like one per week.
Then my full node PPC wallet becomes with 8 connections only,
i have to manually restart it in order to become again full node -20 connections
I don’t know if this is a router issue or something else :slight_smile:

:o UPNP issue then.

I just checked my peerbox and it had crashed. A reboot was needed.

The crash is very steep - approaching the 300 mark.
Defect in the software?

Could you please be more specific about what crashed? Could you access your peerbox (via SSH for example), or was it completely frozen?

Could you please be more specific about what crashed? Could you access your peerbox (via SSH for example), or was it completely frozen?[/quote]

Sorry, I have already replaced the software. I couldn’t access it, ssh timed out. My router displays a list with connected devices and the peerbox was not listed.

Ok thanks, so basically the OS crashed. Which Pi do you own? B or B+?

Ok thanks, so basically the OS crashed. Which Pi do you own? B or B+?[/quote]

I’ve B+.

Same here. I had a 31 days uptime with the 0.23 version (no issues). Now I’ve switched for the 0.24 version, my longest uptime was about a week, no issues so far.

We need to understand why it crashed, that would help a lot. Do you have any clues? Can you access the logs? How do you use Peerbox?

Mine is running since 42 days non stop. No problems. > 80 connections.