About river333s week in review

I think its a great thing what river333 is doing. Don’t know what I’m talking about? Check it out here:

I actually think its such a good idea that I think we really should be x-posting these to like an official peercoin-fan-club-blog or something. I was even thinking that in the spirit of peercoin, there should not be an official peercoin blog but instead like a peercoin-magazine or something, covering Peercoin and Peershares. This “magazine” could be a place with nice looking headlines, a short summary of the content and then a link to the actual threads. More or less exactly what river333 is already doing, but a place where everyone could post the news and then someone is doing the editorial work of filtering out what is the top news and what is not (again, just like river333 is more or less doing already).

While on this note; do you know of Lets Talk Bitcoin? In every show there is this commercial thing about another coin and the work they are doing. I have serious doubt about the coin, but think their advertisement is pretty good because you get to know what is happening in their space. We could do something similar, where we (again) use the excellent summary that river333 is doing and then buy some commercial time and tell people to head over to peercoin-magazine (or what ever the name should be). Or what do you guys think?

I’m willing to donate all that is required for the server cost for at least a year, but I have to much on my hands to do editorial work, do the work river333 is doing. The only thing I can commit at this point is my money.

What do you guys and girls think about this? Bad? Good? Improvements?

EDIT: Price is crashing pretty hard right now. The way I see it, it means that people who bought earlier are likely to sell for a loss. Those pushing the price higher in the future are likely to be fresh money (and traders). To me it means that money spent on commercials, advertisement etc, these past four months are likely less worth then the money spent when price is bottoming out and then starts to trend higher. Add to that the scrypt ASICs entering the scene which will likely get people talking more about proof-of-stake in the future.

river333, what do you think?
By the way, you’re awesome! 8)

I’m glad you like them :slight_smile:

Funnily enough, I actually checked last week to see if the domain peercoinmagazine.com was taken! Unfortunately, it has been. But maybe we could contact the owner, or come up with a different name.

I’m happy to help out with the writing/editing side of things.

[quote=“river333, post:3, topic:2122”]I’m glad you like them :slight_smile:

Funnily enough, I actually checked last week to see if the domain peercoinmagazine.com was taken! Unfortunately, it has been. But maybe we could contact the owner, or come up with a different name.

I’m happy to help out with the writing/editing side of things.[/quote]

Article submission idea
Do you think using peer4commit could be a way to go about it? Like, people commit articles and if they are good enough they get accepted and merged and then anyone can create their own peercoin magazine. All articles would be free for everyone to use and all sites using the articles and making money out of it, should be donating to peer4commit to the authors can get paid.

Naming
I have some ideas but I don’t want to post them here if some squatter is looking for a kill. :wink: Maybe PM?

EDIT: Okay, I realize I really, really want to do this. Could please everyone who supports this idea just write something here in this thread and tell me if they can help me out with layout HTML thing or whatever and then I’ll just buy a domain so we get it and then get this thing going.