A simple crypto index with bitcoin, peercoin, and ripple

Plan from the start is to allow algorithm to select basket based on the variance. It’s why it is called “minimal variance fund”.
All what we have to do is weed out: 1) scams , 2) those which don’t support multisig wallets (like Monero) and 3) those which are traded on basically single exchange (like Maid).

Uhm, does Peercoin support multisig wallets? No!

I know there is a RFC, but who knows when this will be implemented and if ever – and maybe Monero also plans to implement it some day.

1 Like

Haha, ok.

P.S.

@skull I know your striving for the troll hall of fame, but you’ll need more reading to reach the level required.

1 Like

Dude, indicium did initial funding using multisig. Our peercoin funds are all held in multisig.

I really didn’t know that. Could you link some text where multisig with Peercoin is explained or mentioned or anything? I couldn’t find it in the Whitepaper (unless it was named differently).

I suppose you mean multisig in combination with PoW, because multisig with PoS (minting) is part of RFC 0003.

Same deal as bitcoin, it’s not about minting or mining. It’s like a transaction type.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Multisignature

Ok so I feel like we have the same concerns in this regard. But my question would be what specific criteria do we have to distinguish between scams?

we have to discuss that, in private channels though.

Cool. When this discussion happens, I’d love to be a part of or hear about the conclusions for the criteria. Thanks peerchemist for the wonderful dialogue. I appreciate all your hardwork for Peercoin. Upwards and onwards.

Latest basket weights are btc: 74% ppc: 20% xrp: 6%
Number of coins to have if you invest $100 now: btc: 0.027 ppc: 8.5 xrp: 21
Reference USD prices: btc: 2.71e+03 ppc: 2.33 xrp: 0.299

Basket net asset value (NAV) has changed +36% since started.
Latest basket weights are btc: 73% ppc: 20% xrp: 7%
Number of coins to have if you invest $100 now: btc: 0.028 ppc: 6.4 xrp: 22
Reference USD prices: btc: 2.62e+03 ppc: 3.11 xrp: 0.308

Basket net asset value (NAV) has changed +24% since started.
Latest basket weights are btc: 72% ppc: 20% xrp: 8%
Number of coins to have if you invest $100 now: btc: 0.029 ppc: 8.5 xrp: 30
Reference USD prices: btc: 2.51e+03 ppc: 2.38 xrp: 0.26

Basket net asset value (NAV) has changed +22% since started.
Latest basket weights are btc: 70% ppc: 21% xrp: 9%
Number of coins to have if you invest $100 now: btc: 0.028 ppc: 9.5 xrp: 38
Reference USD prices: btc: 2.51e+03 ppc: 2.25 xrp: 0.231

Are all of these examples of how IND would rebalance? Is rebalancing going to be week to week?

IND doesn’t need rebalancing. It is an Indicium DAO membership token. The product fund of Indicium needs rebalancing.

The rebalance criteria is set by test results. It could be week to week.

Basket net asset value (NAV) has changed -11% since started.
Latest basket weights are btc: 68% ppc: 22% xrp: 9%
Number of coins to have if you invest $100 now: btc: 0.036 ppc: 15 xrp: 62
Reference USD prices: btc: 1.92e+03 ppc: 1.51 xrp: 0.151

Basket net asset value (NAV) has changed +25% since started.
Latest basket weights are btc: 67% ppc: 23% xrp: 10%
Number of coins to have if you invest $100 now: btc: 0.024 ppc: 12 xrp: 51
Reference USD prices: btc: 2.75e+03 ppc: 1.98 xrp: 0.195

I have been looking into info available on Indicium and it’s planned index funds. Have I understood correctly that Indicium aims to create and track different indexes, as well as provide funds which follow these indexes? Further, I suppose these indexes are based on algorithms that are mentioned in “Indicium Purpose” and other documents, correct?

I’m interested in how the funds will operate in practice. Since there’s limited to non-existing derivative markets in crypto coins, I think we can rule out maintaining index fund using financial products. This leaves us with index fund having their own coins, based on the index distribution. There hasn’t been any mention of this, but I would see that this requires somewhat extensive knowledge of multiple crypto currencies to ensure that trading bots, wallets, cold storages and all that jazz works securely and efficiently with constant fund rebalancing through various exchanges. Especially, if there will be indexes that try to cover most of the crypto market cap.

I’m probably thinking further than MVP currently in development, but I hope some of you have as well.

There is a decent said about this topic in the purpose document under technical structure. The core funds will be held in multisig while oracles guide our software to move some of the coins around. Wallet software and cold storage will also be a part of this network (the cold storage is a wallet, after all), and spread across several trusted entities (assigned by the board). The board will not support any coin they do not feel confident in supporting.

Thanks for the answer. I’m interested to see Indicium in action and hope it does well. As a novice, I might imagine this to be more complicated than it really is.