3D Printing Webstore Accepting PPC Peercoin - 3D Raspberry Pi Box

It shouldn’t be a problem for the 3D model or the 3D printing. The only question is which one do you guys want? ;D

I told him to do it ‘open’, with the hole, but we can try inverted, or half-bumped.

It shouldn’t be a problem for the 3D model or the 3D printing. The only question is which one do you guys want? ;D

I told him to do it ‘open’, with the hole, but we can try inverted, or half-bumped.[/quote]

the problem i thought it would be was the dust that would be able to come in through the hole, but i guess it is not really a big problem (having abused my rpis thoroughly, they still live) , and it is ofc not water proof ;D , the aesthetics will look nice probably

Hey guys, we’re lucky my designer was already working on Solidworks when I talked to him, I can show you a first tease, tell me what you think.

I told him to try other styles (inverted or half-bumped) if he finds the time, we’ll stay in touch!

I was thinking it would look nice in Yellow!

looks nice, btw i dont know if it is possible to incorporate the peerbox logo somewhere too?
http://i.imgur.com/uAIsism.png

Nice work ISG3D! I like it, you should also consider Raspberry Pi B+. :wink:

He tried 2 other designs, I honestly think the best one so far is the last one!

[quote=“ISG3D, post:14, topic:3266”]He tried 2 other designs, I honestly think the best one so far is the last one!

[/quote]

Very nice!
I like it, keep us updated.

ISG3D, do you think it would be possible to release this SolidWorks project so that people with SolidWorks experience can contribute?

Or maybe just one part of it like a cropped area on which the logo will be put. So that you don’t disclose the project in full but only the part on which people can contribute (and work with your piece’s dimensions).

[quote=“Thireus, post:16, topic:3266”]ISG3D, do you think it would be possible to release this SolidWorks project so that people with SolidWorks experience can contribute?

Or maybe just one part of it like a cropped area on which the logo will be put. So that you don’t disclose the project in full but only the part on which people can contribute (and work with your piece’s dimensions).[/quote]

in the spirit of open source , what peerbox is too :slight_smile:

[quote=“Thireus, post:16, topic:3266”]ISG3D, do you think it would be possible to release this SolidWorks project so that people with SolidWorks experience can contribute?

Or maybe just one part of it like a cropped area on which the logo will be put. So that you don’t disclose the project in full but only the part on which people can contribute (and work with your piece’s dimensions).[/quote]

Hey Thireus, this is a great idea we have absolutely no problem with sharing the files. I will ask my designer if this is possible.

I want to be sure everybody agrees on 1 model and then we can 3D Print so you can see if you are feeling it. Let’s make a really nice one!

I will get back to you guys on it. And I will also drag the file on 3D hubs to see how much it could cost in plastic.

Stay in touch, thanks!

github even supports 3D files since a while now http://makezine.com/2013/04/09/github-now-supports-stl-file-viewing/

Just be aware that there are two models of RPIs floating around. The cases are NOT compatible between each model.
You better make sure people order the right case. Had to experience some issues with this myself.

Hey guys, so like I thought nobody has a problem with sharing the files to the community so we can all agree on one design.

Personally my favorite design so far is this one:

I am a bit 2010 in terms of file sharing online, so I put the 2 files (.STL and Solidworks) in a .zip file that I put here:

I will wait a couple of days to see your designs, thanks!

Just be aware that there are two models of RPIs floating around. The cases are NOT compatible between each model.
You better make sure people order the right case. Had to experience some issues with this myself.[/quote]

In fact it’s even 4 different models, of which one series, “Model A” is quite unpopular - so it boils down to two models in most cases.
Anyway they need to be clearly identified as you don’t want to end up with the wrong case.

You better make sure people order the right case. Had to experience some issues with this myself.[/quote]

In fact it’s even 4 different models, of which one series, “Model A” is quite unpopular - so it boils down to two models in most cases.
Anyway they need to be clearly identified as you don’t want to end up with the wrong case.[/quote]

I see, so just to be clear is the 3D render we gave is okay to work with or not a lot of people are using this model?

Once we find a nice design we can apply it to different case with not much problem.

Quick update by the way, we have officially moved at Shopify www.ISG3D.com and now ShapeShift is fully integrated to pay in PPC Peercoin on the 3D printing webstore! We are releasing a new 3D printer in 1-2 weeks and more products will be uploaded soon (including that Peercoin Raspberry Pi Box lol)

I will be testing the PPC Peercoin payment with PeerUnity tonight, will keep you updated if everything is working fine!

[quote=“masterOfDisaster, post:22, topic:3266”]In fact it’s even 4 different models, of which one series, “Model A” is quite unpopular - so it boils down to two models in most cases.
Anyway they need to be clearly identified as you don’t want to end up with the wrong case.[/quote]

Yes. Personally I use Model B+

Hey guys, just bumping this thread back from the dead. Since we did not received a new 3D render for the Raspberry Pi Box, we thought we could go ahead with this one.

And if I understood well, there is different type of Raspberry Pi Box? We could make the 3D render for everyone if there is only 4.

Bump

Anyone ordered anything through this 3D print shop??

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

As the shop isg3d seems to be offline or at least unavailable, I’d like to share my current Pi Zero design. Some more Pi cases are coming soon.

Just check out this peertalk thread:
Raspberry Pi case in peercoin design

2 Likes