3D Printing Webstore Accepting PPC Peercoin - 3D Raspberry Pi Box

Hey guys, I am running my 3D printing company at ISG3D and I am big fan of cryptocurrencies. We have recently started accepting Bitcoin payments, you can read an article on CoinTelegraph here and I wanted to accept more cryptocurrencies.

We have decided that we will now accept PPC Peercoin!

3D printing webstore www.ISG3D.com will be integrating PPC Peercoin payments through Shapeshift.io!

The team is currently moving the site to Shopify, we will be able to buy a 3D printer with Peercoin very soon!

Stay in touch, here is a small preview of the new website!

Great news! ;D

Do you know of Peerbox? It is project that Peerchemist is running ( http://www.peerbox.me/ ). Itā€™s a Raspberry Pi running an OS that is tailored for minting peercoins with.

It would be great if people could buy Peerbox boxes to their Raspberry Pi. Maybe you guys could print those?

[quote=ā€œpillow, post:2, topic:3266ā€]Great news! ;D

Do you know of Peerbox? It is project that Peerchemist is running ( http://www.peerbox.me/ ). Itā€™s a Raspberry Pi running an OS that is tailored for minting peercoins with.

It would be great if people could buy Peerbox boxes to their Raspberry Pi. Maybe you guys could print those?[/quote]

This is a very great idea yes, we are actually thinking of integrating wifi 3D printing with the new ISG Printer we are releasing in 2 weeks.

I will look on the web if there is a render for Raspberry Pi Case, we will then be able to make some modifications with Peercoin logo!

I will bring this idea to the team.

yeh great idea

Yes just shared the idea with Samuel (CEO) he is very excited to try this. We will share with you a 3D model very soon.

Just to be clear you are looking for a Raspberry Pi Case like this, with Peercoin logo?

Will be working on this, thanks!

[quote=ā€œISG3D, post:5, topic:3266ā€]Yes just shared the idea with Samuel (CEO) he is very excited to try this. We will share with you a 3D model very soon.

Just to be clear you are looking for a Raspberry Pi Case like this, with Peercoin logo?

Will be working on this, thanks![/quote]

Really cool! If you can could you print one with the leaf logo too?

With the green Raspberry Piā€™s PCB that should render quite well! :slight_smile:

Very good idea, I sent this picture to our designer and he said it wouldnt be a problem to design it:

But I prefer the leaf, this is a much better concept for the Raspberry Pi. We will get on this project this week, thanks for the ideas!

maybe the leaf will make a big hole , idk if it is a problem , but if so, maybe make a hole of the inverse of the leaf, just the tweak, and maybe a bump where the outline of the leaf comes

It shouldnā€™t be a problem for the 3D model or the 3D printing. The only question is which one do you guys want? ;D

I told him to do it ā€˜openā€™, with the hole, but we can try inverted, or half-bumped.

It shouldnā€™t be a problem for the 3D model or the 3D printing. The only question is which one do you guys want? ;D

I told him to do it ā€˜openā€™, with the hole, but we can try inverted, or half-bumped.[/quote]

the problem i thought it would be was the dust that would be able to come in through the hole, but i guess it is not really a big problem (having abused my rpis thoroughly, they still live) , and it is ofc not water proof ;D , the aesthetics will look nice probably

Hey guys, weā€™re lucky my designer was already working on Solidworks when I talked to him, I can show you a first tease, tell me what you think.

I told him to try other styles (inverted or half-bumped) if he finds the time, weā€™ll stay in touch!

I was thinking it would look nice in Yellow!

looks nice, btw i dont know if it is possible to incorporate the peerbox logo somewhere too?
http://i.imgur.com/uAIsism.png

Nice work ISG3D! I like it, you should also consider Raspberry Pi B+. :wink:

He tried 2 other designs, I honestly think the best one so far is the last one!

[quote=ā€œISG3D, post:14, topic:3266ā€]He tried 2 other designs, I honestly think the best one so far is the last one!

[/quote]

Very nice!
I like it, keep us updated.

ISG3D, do you think it would be possible to release this SolidWorks project so that people with SolidWorks experience can contribute?

Or maybe just one part of it like a cropped area on which the logo will be put. So that you donā€™t disclose the project in full but only the part on which people can contribute (and work with your pieceā€™s dimensions).

[quote=ā€œThireus, post:16, topic:3266ā€]ISG3D, do you think it would be possible to release this SolidWorks project so that people with SolidWorks experience can contribute?

Or maybe just one part of it like a cropped area on which the logo will be put. So that you donā€™t disclose the project in full but only the part on which people can contribute (and work with your pieceā€™s dimensions).[/quote]

in the spirit of open source , what peerbox is too :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œThireus, post:16, topic:3266ā€]ISG3D, do you think it would be possible to release this SolidWorks project so that people with SolidWorks experience can contribute?

Or maybe just one part of it like a cropped area on which the logo will be put. So that you donā€™t disclose the project in full but only the part on which people can contribute (and work with your pieceā€™s dimensions).[/quote]

Hey Thireus, this is a great idea we have absolutely no problem with sharing the files. I will ask my designer if this is possible.

I want to be sure everybody agrees on 1 model and then we can 3D Print so you can see if you are feeling it. Letā€™s make a really nice one!

I will get back to you guys on it. And I will also drag the file on 3D hubs to see how much it could cost in plastic.

Stay in touch, thanks!

github even supports 3D files since a while now http://makezine.com/2013/04/09/github-now-supports-stl-file-viewing/

Just be aware that there are two models of RPIs floating around. The cases are NOT compatible between each model.
You better make sure people order the right case. Had to experience some issues with this myself.