(10 nbs) Translate Peercoin/Primecoin/Nubits white paper

You can find the original white paper on www.peercoin.net under “Docs” or just by clicking Peercoin — The Pioneer of Proof-of-Stake

FYI - OP is non-responsive to PM or email included in the original post.

I’ve posted the translation of the Whitepaper to Korean above (and send via email to the email included in the OP) and there hasn’t been any response nor has it been included on the official translation list. Just an update for future translators.

TBH - it is rather disappointing the lack of response. I would be happy just to see the provided translation included on the peercoin.net official translation list.

-L

[quote=“TheLeaper, post:22, topic:1184”]FYI - OP is non-responsive to PM or email included in the original post.

I’ve posted the translation of the Whitepaper to Korean above (and send via email to the email included in the OP) and there hasn’t been any response nor has it been included on the official translation list. Just an update for future translators.

TBH - it is rather disappointing the lack of response. I would be happy just to see the provided translation included on the peercoin.net official translation list.

-L[/quote]
Hey the leaper,

Sorry the OP has gone quiet on this one. Can you please liase with Super3 as he has control of development on peercoin.net. He should be able to work with you to get these different translations up.

I will honour the 1PPC for the translations once super has them posted on peercoin.net. He will probably want you to do a pull request on git for them… but send him a PM to move this forward.

Many thanks

Fuzzybear

I’ll take the Spanish translation!

IMO the whole website should be translated, as there are more than 400 million Spanish speakers around the globe…

Hey the leaper,

Sorry the OP has gone quiet on this one. Can you please liase with Super3 as he has control of development on peercoin.net. He should be able to work with you to get these different translations up.

I will honour the 1PPC for the translations once super has them posted on peercoin.net. He will probably want you to do a pull request on git for them… but send him a PM to move this forward.

Many thanks

Fuzzybear

Thanks for the tip Fuzzybear - I’ll PM Super3 shortly.

-L

I’ve already sent the spanish translation to Super3. When I’m a little less busy I’l translate it to catalan too.

By the way I changed ‘PPCoin’ to ‘Peercoin’ in the paper, I think that was the correct thing to do, please tell me if not and I’ll change it again.

I don’t care for bounties, so If anyone want to donate anything, can do it to our pool wallet. It will help with the fast pool payouts which will make our first miners effort less painful. Some miners pointed to ecoining for a couple of days are greatly appreciated as a free bounty too and will also make miners happy :slight_smile:

PNvWgp1nugnNbYtp1vW7i1n1LeD9vpZgM5

Thanks for your support!

So is there any interest in the Korean translation? I’ve followed up with OP and per FuzzyBear’s suggestion, Super3 as well, and the translation still isn’t posted to the website. If there is no interest, just let me know and I’ll stop following up, otherwise I hate to see the Korean community missing out on what I perceive as a great cryptocurrency.

Link to PDF here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3CDq5BBMmZqMWdDa0IwUzhsWTg/edit?usp=sharing

I’ve also offered to email the paper in a different format if desired.

[quote=“TheLeaper, post:27, topic:1184”]So is there any interest in the Korean translation? I’ve followed up with OP and per FuzzyBear’s suggestion, Super3 as well, and the translation still isn’t posted to the website. If there is no interest, just let me know and I’ll stop following up, otherwise I hate to see the Korean community missing out on what I perceive as a great cryptocurrency.

Link to PDF here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3CDq5BBMmZqMWdDa0IwUzhsWTg/edit?usp=sharing

I’ve also offered to email the paper in a different format if desired.[/quote]

A pull request on github is what is really wanted… but give super some time, he will get to it… don’t forget we are doing all of this in our spare time and have more than one project on at a time. Super will get round to it or someone will and we will deal with all the translations at once i imagine

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:28, topic:1184”][quote=“TheLeaper, post:27, topic:1184”]So is there any interest in the Korean translation? I’ve followed up with OP and per FuzzyBear’s suggestion, Super3 as well, and the translation still isn’t posted to the website. If there is no interest, just let me know and I’ll stop following up, otherwise I hate to see the Korean community missing out on what I perceive as a great cryptocurrency.

I’ve also offered to email the paper in a different format if desired.[/quote]

A pull request on github is what is really wanted… but give super some time, he will get to it… don’t forget we are doing all of this in our spare time and have more than one project on at a time. Super will get round to it or someone will and we will deal with all the translations at once i imagine

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Not sure what the problem is, but i sent a forum personal message to Super3 with a google drive link to the spanish pdf and he uploaded it in no time. TheLeaper, did you do the same?

Yep - I did the same, I’ll follow up just in case it got missed. - Thanks!

Pull request submitted.

I see the translation is now included on the main site - Thanks! I hope there are a few Korean readers that find this useful. I think it would be really helpful to get a Japanese and Chinese translation posted as well as that would expose a large number of interested parties to Peercoin!

I made the japanese translation.
I PMed super3 just now but am posting here too for letting everyone know.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzR0kDsjLU98MF9COEtEejNUYkk/edit

Hey Leaper,

I just sent you some more PPC as I thought I dropped the ball big time but I looked at my old emails and noticed we settled in XPM. Can you help with a Primecoin translation?

[quote=“LifeDies, post:1, topic:1184”]I am editing this effort.

Thus far, the Peercoin Whitepaper is offered in the following Languages:

Russian - Sparta1978, I think you have this ready?
…[/quote]

Hi LifeDies. Yes, I sent the request to wild horse about his email so I can get him the paper.
David

I’ve translated the white paper to PT.
To where should I send it?
Thx.

[quote=“Refptbtc, post:36, topic:1184”]I’ve translated the white paper to PT.
Thx.[/quote]

Nice, have you posted in the other bounty thread too? There is a 20 PPC reward available there for the whitepaper now. Just in case GLock didn’t see this.

[quote=“river333, post:37, topic:1184”][quote=“Refptbtc, post:36, topic:1184”]I’ve translated the white paper to PT.
Thx.[/quote]

Nice, have you posted in the other bounty thread too? There is a 20 PPC reward available there for the whitepaper now. Just in case GLock didn’t see this.[/quote]

Yep, also submitted the PT translation of the peercoin.net, waiting to be revised!