Total PPC supply is 35million to 50million?

According to the PPC FAQ:

Take 2013 as year 1, in the next 10-30 years, the total supply of PPC would be 35 million to 50 million?

According to this, yes. Eventually coins from PoW will be nearly non-existent and it will rely on mostly PoS which will only be roughly 1% increase yearly.

So there will be no PoW miners in the future?

I’m not the best person to ask. I don’t know about absolutely no miners, but the whole point of PPC is that eventually miners get phased out or at the very least marginalized so that the network is secure via a means that uses far less energy. I know I’ve heard of Sunny saying PPC isn’t a PoW/PoS hybrid coin, it’s a PoS coin that uses PoW to get started.

If the protocol won’t change, I think it should be a PoW/PoS hybrid type coin, and absolutely there will be miners competing to get a critical balance point according to the dynamic PoS coins and coin market price. Though PoW works all time, the energy consumed is very very low compared with other crypto coins.

Good point. I am just wondering how much the POW block output would be when the hashrate reaches 1P or more?

Good point. I am just wondering how much the POW block output would be when the hashrate reaches 1P or more?[/quote]
If the PoW difficulty rises 16 times, the PoW block reward halves (smooth process). I’m not sure if difficulty is lineary dependent from the hashrate.

[quote=“whifmoi, post:7, topic:560”][quote=“redlee, post:6, topic:560”][…]
If the PoW difficulty rises 16 times, the PoW block reward halves (smooth process). I’m not sure if difficulty is lineary dependent from the hashrate.[/quote][/quote]

[edit] now with proper quoting :wink: [/edit]

+1 regarding PoW difficulty. And I’ not sure about the relation between hash rate and difficulty (and it is not clearly stated in the Peercoin paper) as well but I’m quite certain that it is a linear dependency.
If you look at http://cryptometer.org/ppcoin_104_week_charts.html you might find it likely that the difficulty is linearly dependent from the hash rate.

[quote=“redlee, post:6, topic:560”][…]
Good point. I am just wondering how much the POW block output would be when the hashrate reaches 1P or more?[/quote]

If you want to know about the PoW reward when the hash rate is 1 PH/s you can try to derive it from existing numbers.
The current values for difficulty and block reward are:

Difficulty: 6,053,187.093961 (which should result from roughly 11 TH/s network hash rate; its easier to get the current difficulty than to get the current network hash rate - at least for me :wink: )
Block Value: 200.93 PPC
(Current Block: 77215)

Assuming that the difficulty and hash rate are linearly dependent form each other you need roughly 90 times the hash rate to reach 1 PH/s. That will (with linear dependency) lead to 90 times the difficulty.
And that will reduce the reward to roughly 60 percent of the current reward: 120 PPC per block.

The factor for calculating the resulting reward is log(16)/log(90).
Which leads to 200.93 * log(16) / log(90) = 123.80.
Like I said: roughly 60 percent ;)

I could do the math with precise numbers, but I find it silly to calculate 4 decimal places as the whole thing is mainly based on assumptions :wink:

Wow, that’s pretty precise and thanks for the reply!

IMO, The charts are a fairly good estimate. New coins generated from PoW this year will likely be under 3 million. Coins generated from PoS will be around 200,000. And who knows how many coins will be destroyed from transaction fees. I would say in the several thousands. Over-time the money supply will likely balance out in a way that is very anti-inflationary.

Exactly, few ppl realized that anti-inflationary design of PPC is very unique.