Peercoin branding: fonts and colors, consolidation of content

Hey yall,

The website is a great start. But I also think we need to take some additional steps around the brand and I’d be willing to move the conversation ahead. This is what I would like to work on but would love some feedback/buy-in from you all:

1. I think we need one or two fonts - One of the headings and one for the bodies. The fonts on the website are kind of generic. Fonts go a long way to reinforcing brand. Thoughts?

2. I think we need 3 colors for the brand. It looks like we have the green and gold in the logo already, so this is a start, but it wouldn’t hurt to have one more and to use those across the board. On that note, does anybody know what the RGB codes for the green and gold in the logo? Other thoughts?

3. I think we need a place on the website to catalog the Sunny King interviews instead of locking that content inside of PDF. Who currently has control of the website? Super3? If its wordpress I would be willing to take part in edits, etc. I’ve done quite a bit in wordpress.

Other thoughts on this subject?

Thanks?

Also, does anybody know how to turn the peercoin logo into a symbol so it can be used in plain text the way US dollar is??

[quote=“hammyburger, post:1, topic:545”]Hey yall,

The website is a great start. But I also think we need to take some additional steps around the brand and I’d be willing to move the conversation ahead. This is what I would like to work on but would love some feedback/buy-in from you all:[/quote]

Glad to see you’re interested in this! This is the intent of getting Volunpeers involved…having everyone working on what they enjoy the most.

Agreed. Hopefully it will be a universal, easy-to-read font.

I always use Microsoft Paint to find RGB codes. Select the little eye dropper, click the color you want to find out, and then go to “Edit Colors”. The RGB codes will be listed in the boxes.

Agreed. PDFs are a lot less fun to access and read.

On fonts - correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like we should pick a heading font and a body font from this list to be sure they are browser recognized: http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html

I would vote for:
IMPACT for headings
TIMES NEW ROMAN for body

See attached image and let me know what you think. I won’t move forward unless I get a quorum.

[quote=“hammyburger, post:4, topic:545”]On fonts - correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like we should pick a heading font and a body font from this list to be sure they are browser recognized: http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html

I would vote for:
IMPACT for headings
TIMES NEW ROMAN for body

See attached image and let me know what you think. I won’t move forward unless I get a quorum.[/quote]
“Times New Roman” is the good old book style, a nice-looking and readable choice. “Palatino Linotype” could be an alternative.

“IMPACT” is cool, but it’s fat style hurts the body text a little bit. It should not be used in bold.