Organizing the Wiki

I hope this is the right area to post about the wiki, since it will be on the website.

Anyway, how are we going to go about organizing it? I was thinking maybe we could list a whole bunch of topics, proof of stake, transaction fees, interest, energy efficiency, etc… And then colm through all of Sunny’s posts on here, BitcoinTalk and any interview he’s given and look for information that matches up with each topic. We then take his quotes and put them under the appropriate topic. Once we have a lot of information and quotes for each topic, we go about organizing it together to form easy to understand explanations and descriptions.

That’s just my idea. Is there an easier way of doing this?

I think that’s a good idea to start. Now, which one is the actual “official” wiki? The linked wiki at Github or the one that was published at peercoin.net?

My proposal is that the wiki should be thought of as multilingual from the beginning. I have some experience with MediaWiki and could create a “basic structure” with this software package, but I don’t know the actual wiki software used at Github. Is there a chance to change the wiki software to MediaWiki?

Anyway, a “manual” multilingual system can be realized with every wiki software, for example, creating articles like “Peercoin description (ES)” and “Installation (DE)” etc, which would be the easiest way if the wiki stays there at Github and there is no multilingual functionality.

What is the software used by Wikipedia? I think it makes sense to go with the one most people recognize and use all the time. The one that Nox had up for a while looked like it was going to be much more detailed, not sure why they switched back to Github. I don’t really like their setup. And I agree, going multilingual is a good idea, since this is supposed to be a global currency. If people in China don’t understand it, they won’t buy it.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:3, topic:527”]What is the software used by Wikipedia? I think it makes sense to go with the one most people recognize and use all the time. The one that Nox had up for a while looked like it was going to be much more detailed, not sure why they switched back to Github. I don’t really like their setup. And I agree, going multilingual is a good idea, since this is supposed to be a global currency. If people in China don’t understand it, they won’t buy it.[/quote]Mediawiki

Yes, MediaWiki is the de-facto standard in the wiki world. Bitcoin wiki also uses it (http://en.bitcoin.it).

I could administer or co-administer a PPC MediaWiki site if you need a wiki admin, only would need SSH access for updates etc. (without SSH MediaWiki is very difficult to maintain). If Nox wants to administer it I can help him with the details. The github Wiki on the other side seems to be centrally administered and we would have no administrative work.