[ANN] beeeeer.org - PPS Primecoin pool! ------- DEAD

or in other words: i can catagories your daily performance into "good day" / "bad day" by just looking at your submitted 9, 10 & block shares !!!

I guess thats encouraging - so if my worst day is 0.087/hr and the mean is 0.165/hr, you are saying since these are normal ranges of good and bad days i should statistically see at least one 0.33/hr day sometime soon?
I am keeping fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Thanks for replying

[quote=“mikeymillie, post:1777, topic:342”]

or in other words: i can catagories your daily performance into “good day” / “bad day” by just looking at your submitted 9, 10 & block shares !!!

I guess thats encouraging - so if my worst day is 0.087/hr and the mean is 0.165/hr, you are saying since these are normal ranges of good and bad days i should statistically see at least one 0.33/hr day sometime soon?
I am keeping fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Thanks for replying[/quote]

Not really, you’re no more or less likely to have a good day soon because you’ve had a couple of bad days. Past results don’t influence future ones.

The difficulty is increasing & rewards are decreasing over time too, particularly since about the 5th or 6th of January, so you should expect to get less for the same processing power over time as the network grows & people buy faster/more cpus.

I added -minerid to my miners bat files. And i only see totales on beer beta site http://beta.beeeeer.org/index.php?p=user&s=xpm. Where can find info my -minerid’s . Thx.

On the stats page, default ID is ALL. Select your minerid to see the stats for that miner.

Why is beta.beeeeer.org always unaccessible recently?

Why is beta.beeeeer.org always unaccessible recently?
[/quote]

No Problems here, i check 3-4 times/day and can access it. Only once last week, when xolo was working on the front end it was noch accessible.

@TalkCryptoCoin:
i had no problems too… ???

[size=18pt]Hi,[/size]
because of popular demand: say hello to -poolip2, -poolip3 & -exitondisc <-- changelog

linux / bitbucket: source
linux / github: source
windows binary: ‘xolominer’ v0.8 RC2 (32&64bit) (i do not recommend any other source for binaries, be careful!!)
mac user: see this post

usage:

[code]primeminer -pooluser=[xpm-payout-address] -poolip=[choose-from-above] -poolport=1337 -genproclimit=[threads-to-use]

optional:
-poolfee=[1 - 100 (in %), default: 3%]
-minerid=[0 - 65000]
-poolip2= (as fallback, along with -poolport2=)
-poolip3= (as fallback, along with -poolport3=)
-exitondisc=1 (as exit-on-fail, instead of retrying the connection)
alternative ports: 21, 443, 8080, 13337

example:
primeminer -pooluser=AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd -poolip=176.34.128.129 -poolip2=54.200.248.75 -poolip3=54.251.179.44 -minerid=42 -poolport=1337 -genproclimit=4
or
primeminer -pooluser=AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd -poolip=176.34.128.129 -exitondisc=1 -minerid=42 -poolport=1337 -genproclimit=4[/code]

compiler problems: go check out (& donate) http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=798.0

• xolokram

ps. i’m working on a bigger update to remove/clean up the code to make the miner more lightweight, update to mikaelh’s new version & improve the network code, but this is taking longer than i thought so i’ll release this smaller update on the old version first
pps. third-party app/stats creator: use this raw.beeeeer.org
ppps. checkout the first post for more information if you’re new to beeeeer

Any plans to add solo mining option ?

Hello, Im mining from spain.

Is normall that a fx8350 with 8gb ram makes only 0.044chains/days

Thanks!

Trying to figure out where my streak of bad luck in mining is coming from, I have started to notice a rather higher than normal rejection rate, in the 5-8% range now, (it seemed it stayed close to 1% up until today, and maybe before today as well, I) as well as much more frequent “force reconnect if possible” messages.

This seems to be consistent whether the mining machines are located on a home DSL connection or in a tier 1 data center with a 1000 mbit fiber connection.

I am using the USA IP and Xolo, I PMed you my address if that helps and if you have time to check into this.

Thanks

[quote=“xolokram, post:1782, topic:342”]@TalkCryptoCoin:
i had no problems too… ???

[size=18pt]Hi,[/size]
because of popular demand: say hello to -poolip2, -poolip3 & -exitondisc <-- changelog

linux / bitbucket: source
linux / github: source
windows binary: ‘xolominer’ v0.8 RC2 (32&64bit) (i do not recommend any other source for binaries, be careful!!)
mac user: see this post[/quote]

I need to clear cache and restart browser.

BTW, do we have to recompile?

This is work in progress, perhaps some expert miner can help me, to correct it or give me more details. As i am new to this stuff, too.
After some corrections i try to make a shiny picture, too.
I will simplify a lot of things, or do not even mention these, i just want to present an easy understandable picture to everyone. People who like to get deeper information need to dig in. This takes time and does not interresst everyone.

Please feel free to correct everything, i am new to this and tried to write down and simplify everthing i know atm about the payment proccess.

How does the payment proccess work?

Step 1. How do we “mine” our XPM?

In the pool we get rewarded for the following:

7ch (0.00114 XPM)
8ch (0.0128 XPM)
9ch 0.1554 XPM)
10ch (0.1968 XPM)
block (or X) (0.2361 XPM)

So as an example we look at 10 minutes of mining. in this 10 minutes we mined (and we were quite lucky):

15 * 7ch (0.00114 XPM) = 0,0171 XPM
1 * 8ch (0.0128 XPM) = 0,0128 XPM
0 * 9ch (0.1554 XPM) = 0 XPM
1 * 10ch (0.1968 XPM) = 0,1968 XPM
0 * block (or X) (0.2361 XPM) = 0 XPM

So we have a total of 0,2267 XPM mined in 10 Minutes. Now we like to get the XPM from the Pool, but where does the Pool gets the XPM which are distributed? (This numbers are an example the need to be adjusted on a regular basis, to match the worth of blocks and the diffculty level, you get the current payout levels @ http://beeeeer.org/)

Step 2 --> How does the Pool gets XPM?

The only part of the whole mining which generates XPMs are the blocks. Only for these Blocks a Miner gets a XPM, how much XPM you get depends on the current diffculty level (999/Difficulty^2, atm ~9XPM). So when we look at our example, we see, that we did not have a block. So no income is generated, but thats why we are mining in a pool. Some people in the whole pool did find blocks in our timeframe and this did generate income. (http://beeeeer.org/blocks)

Note: All Chains (ch) we find, helps us (the pool), to find blocks, thats why they are rewarded and thats why you get a reward even when you did not generate a direct income (block). Realy heavy miners (50+ cores) may get a better income mining solo, smaller solo miner may perhaps mine for weeks and get no income at all… or in the other case may perhaps find one block at the first day.

The problem of these Blocks are, that they needed to be confirmed and this confirmation can take long (~2,2 days). So the Blocks which were found in our timeframe are not paid yet, but other blocks which were mined before got confirmed in our 10 minutes. Say there were 4 confirmed blocks in our 4 minutes, so we got 36 XPM.

More information about how Primecoin are working you get here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264115.0

Step 3 --> Payout and Sharelog

Now the pool looks who mined the last 10 minutes and distributes the 36 XPM. Now 3 diffrent things can happen:

1. We mined 0,2267 XPM in 10 Minutes, all other miners mined together 35,7733 XPM. So the Pool can distribute the 36 XPM to all Miners and all are happy. (This case will in reality almost never happen)

2. We mined 0,2267 XPM in 10 Minutes, all other miners together would get 39,7733 XPM. The Pool only has 36 XPM, so 4 XPM are missing… What now?

–> The pool can only distribute 36XPM so 10% are missing, so the pool just to pays everyone 10% less, this would be around 0,2 XPM for us, or in our example something like this:

5 * 7ch (0.00114 XPM) = 0,0057 XPM
0 * 8ch (0.0128 XPM) = 0 XPM
1 * 10ch (0.1968 XPM) = 0,1968 XPM

= 0,2025XPM (You would see this in your stats at http://beta.beeeeer.org/index.php?p=user&s=xpm in “sharehistory (paid)”.)
These are the current shares, this shares are paid in FIRST-IN-LAST-OUT order

The rest:

10 * 7ch (0.00114 XPM) = 0,0114 XPM
1 * 8ch (0.0128 XPM) = 0,0128 XPM
0 * 10ch (0.1968 XPM) = 0 XPM

= 0,0242 XPM is stored for later payout in the sharelog (You would see them at http://beta.beeeeer.org/index.php?p=user&s=xpm in “sharelog(stored)”.)

So we now have something in the sharelog, how do we get for? We get this paid when 3. happens.

1. We mined 0,2267 XPM in 10 Minutes, all other miners together would get 29,7733 XPM. The Pool now distribute the 30 XPM and has 9 XPM left. It now checks the sharelog and searches for the oldes entrys and starts paying them (FIRST-IN-FIRST-OUT). So the sharelog is a kind of buffer which enables us, to work on and get a direct payout, even when not enough blocks were confirmed. And it makes sure, that everyone is payed, even when it takes some days (5-7 atm) till we get all we earned.

Good work on explaining payout of mining !!! I am no expert but looks good. Thank you.

And Xolo i suggest you make direct link from the first page to the post of LazySiege.

@TalkCryptoCoin:
if you want to use the new parameter, yes.

@Transcend:
post linked :slight_smile:

@mini:
not at the moment ([size=5pt]very[/size] low priority)

@ricard:
check the xolominer hardware comparison thread

@mikeymillie:
some rejections are probably caused by the higher workload of the server currently at 20k+ miners, i’m monitoring this.

@LazySiege:
wow, that’s pretty good, thumbs up

a few suggestions:

[ul][li]add a donation address :)[/li]
[li]block confirmation time is 2.2 days (it’s fluctuating a little bit around this value)[/li]
[li]typo ‘god’ -> ‘got’[/li][/ul]

I should add some information about in which order the shares are paid:
‘current share’ shares are paid in FIRST-IN-LAST-OUT order
‘sharelog shares’ shares are paid in FIRST-IN-FIRST-OUT order <-- that was already mentioned

• xolokram

Stats are not updating, or am i wrong ?

Can I have for example 10 miners without specifying -minerid argument for each of them and run them with the same address and settings?

Yes you can. I did that setup.

Xolo -exitondisc <-- changelog where is this changelog i can not click this and go to go changelog. And i do not see the changelog on the first page. And i do not see the changelog in the windows download.

you could’ve just PM’d me :slight_smile:

“exitondisc” is in the OP (aka the first page?)
and there never was a changelog in the zip-file before

• xolokram

Yeah Xolo you are right i see exitondisc is on the first page. A change log of your great software somewhere accessible to all would be nice. If not in zip file then perhaps on first page.

@LazySiege
In your excellent explanation of the payout system I think there is an error. If the pool only has 30XPM to pay and the Block Shares are 36XPM I believe shares are paid fully in a FIRST-IN-LAST-OUT order (see Xolo’s post on that) so it is either all or nothing, not a percent, with the remainder going into the sharelog. Of course you might (probably do) have many shares throughout the round so you may see some shares paid and some sent to the sharelog, but I believe each share that is paid in full. This puzzled me at first as I found a block, obviously the last share of the round, and it went into the sharelog; prior to that I thought it was paid out LAST-IN-FIRST-OUT per round. I got another block a few days later and it was paid, so I guess the pool had enough shares to pay the entire round.

@xolokram
Am I correct in assuming that shares are paid in rounds and not as found? If I find a 10 chain it doesn’t seem to appear in either the sharelog or sharehistory until a block is found and the round ends? Or is it processed immediately, of necessity FIRST-IN-LAST-OUT for a round?