V0.4.0 (previously v0.3.1) Plan

ok so I have successfully built the daemon on windows with upnp=0 and upnp=1 (never found out explanation for difference. Files can be downloaded from here:

http://www.peercointalk.org/ppcoind0.3.1.zip

Qt builds coming soon… got an error trying to debug but “logos of the startup splash screen and the QT client” yes and general clean up of code few bitcoin references not needed to i seen :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

btw internet here very slow in transferring the file… should be done in hour :frowning: 27.8Mb file :frowning: sad internet times…

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:12, topic:1829”]ok so I have successfully built the daemon on windows with upnp=0 and upnp=1 (never found out explanation for difference. Files can be downloaded from here:

http://www.peercointalk.org/ppcoind0.3.1.zip

Qt builds coming soon… got an error trying to debug but “logos of the startup splash screen and the QT client” yes and general clean up of code few bitcoin references not needed to i seen :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

btw internet here very slow in transferring the file… should be done in hour :frowning: 27.8Mb file :frowning: sad internet times…[/quote]

Thank you very much. Looking forward to QT-client as daemon is not having any default output. Might dive into the DOS parameters to get some proof of work(ing) on the command line tomorrow.

this is excellent news!

Hey all,

Ok I have a windows Qt build here for you to test :smiley:

http://www.peercointalk.org/PeercoinQt0.3.1.zip

I have had to build without UPNP but binaries are included in the zip file

There is access to the console :slight_smile: so your first command should be help

have fun,

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:15, topic:1829”]Hey all,

There is access to the console :slight_smile: so your first command should be help

have fun,

Fuzzybear[/quote]

It is pretty cool. Two points to comment:

1. Windows poped up a Security Alert when I started up Peercoin-qt. Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program.
    Allow Peercoin-qt.exe to communicate on these newworks:
    Private networks, …
    Public networks, …
    I checked both Private networks and Public networks and then clicked “Allow access”.
  2. “Bitcoin debug window”, can we change to “Peercoin debug window”?

[quote=“caribou, post:16, topic:1829”][quote=“FuzzyBear, post:15, topic:1829”]Hey all,

have fun,

Fuzzybear[/quote]

It is pretty cool. Two points to comment:

1. Windows poped up a Security Alert when I started up Peercoin-qt. Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program.
    Allow Peercoin-qt.exe to communicate on these newworks:
    Private networks, …
    Public networks, …
    I checked both Private networks and Public networks and then clicked “Allow access”.
  2. “Bitcoin debug window”, can we change to “Peercoin debug window”?[/quote]
    It will always do that when you upgrade to a new version. Windows sees a new binary who wants to communicate and pops up that message. Nothing to worry about as long as you know that the executable is from a safe source. In this case Fuzzybear, PPcoin vocalist of peercointalk.org, so I think it’s safe :wink: You only need to open up private networks if Windows asks, to make it work though.

Feedback after some playing with 0.3.1:

1. It works :o
  2. Opening up the debug Windows, Welcomed to the Bitcoin RPC console. Still another reminder of heritage to get rid of.
  3. Can confirm getting the passphrase question when sending transactions (yes!). So it’s much safer with this client to mint online. Hope we will get more nodes online now.
  4. No fancy Peercoin logo in the GUI yet :’(
  5. Update of GUI after unlocking for minting is still slow. But you can now quickly check with ‘getinfo’ command in debug window.
    If the last line of the getinfo output says “errors” without anything behind it, it is unlocked. Otherwise it would say “errors” : “Info: Minting suspended due to locked wallet.”
    You can lock your wallet in debug with:
    walletlock
    Unlock in debug windows with
    walletpassphrase <yourwalletpassphraseyouneverpostanywhere> 9999999 true

Some other interesting stuff to keep us entertained in the debug window:

[size=8pt]addmultisigaddress <’[“key”,“key”]’> [account]
backupwallet
checkwallet
dumpprivkey
getaccount
getaccountaddress
getaddressesbyaccount
getbalance [account] [minconf=1]
getblock [txinfo]
getblockcount
getblockhash
getblocktemplate [params]
getcheckpoint
getconnectioncount
getdifficulty
getgenerate
gethashespersec
getinfo
getmininginfo
getnetworkghps
getnewaddress [account]
getpeerinfo
getreceivedbyaccount [minconf=1]
getreceivedbyaddress [minconf=1]
gettransaction
getwork [data]
help [command]
importprivkey [label]
keypoolrefill
listaccounts [minconf=1]
listreceivedbyaccount [minconf=1] [includeempty=false]
listreceivedbyaddress [minconf=1] [includeempty=false]
listsinceblock [blockhash] [target-confirmations]
listtransactions [account] [count=10] [from=0]
makekeypair [prefix]
move [minconf=1] [comment]
repairwallet
reservebalance [ [amount]]
sendalert [cancelupto]
sendfrom [minconf=1] [comment] [comment-to]
sendmany {address:amount,…} [minconf=1] [comment]
sendtoaddress [comment] [comment-to]
setaccount
setgenerate [genproclimit]
settxfee
signmessage
stop
submitblock [optional-params-obj]
validateaddress
verifymessage
walletlock
walletpassphrase [mintonly]
walletpassphrasechange [/size]

Just a dump from the debug window help or am I now spoiling part of the fun?
All commands were available from the commandline before, it’s nice to have them now straight in the debug window and therefore easier accessible. I couldn’t find any new ones on a first check (getblocktemplate?)

Edits: several updates while testing

No. You could dump all the commands with the daemon ppcoind help. I am glad soon I don’t have to use ppcoind.

I will have a new Qt with new seed nodes and removing of some former bitcoin references… like the “Bitcoin debug window”, can we change to “Peercoin debug window”?

need to do the logo’s and what not so that may take me a little while to get those all sorted but i’ll post the binary when I have it :slight_smile:

Thank you for testing and the feedback :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

Tested the windows QT. Seems to run smoothly.

Thanks Fuzzy for looking into the logos. It is very important that we get the logos implemented before official release of 0.3.1

One more thing to clean up:

@“Recieve coins” there is a sentence:

These are you [b]Bitcoin[/b] adresses for receiving payments

Edit:

Under Settings → Options. The settings for transactions have to be removed. We have a fixed transation fee

[quote=“MUTO, post:20, topic:1829”]Tested the windows QT. Seems to run smoothly.

Thanks Fuzzy for looking into the logos. It is very important that we get the logos implemented before official release of 0.3.1

One more thing to clean up:

@“Recieve coins” there is a sentence:

These are you [b]Bitcoin[/b] adresses for receiving payments
[/quote] Logos I have now updated :) I'll update that sentence as well good spot, keep them coming, the more we iron out the better. I'll release another updated binary this evening with all these changes. Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Two (may be only one change) more points to be changed.

The wallet is named PPcoin Wallet , should be Peercoin Wallet

Settings Options -> Start PPcoin at system start, should be “Peercoin” + wallet (my personal oppinion)

[quote=“MUTO, post:22, topic:1829”]Two (may be only one change) more points to be changed.

The wallet is named PPcoin Wallet , should be Peercoin Wallet

Settings Options -> Start PPcoin at system start, should be “Peercoin” + wallet (my personal oppinion)[/quote]
sweet got both of these changes done :slight_smile:
ok quite a few changes now so I should really publish the binary and wait for more feedback off that.
Fuzzybear

Looking forward to the binary. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Not quite clear to me, what does one have to do to unlock the wallet now?

Also, can we get a list of “Things to know about v0.3.1” for the announcement when it is officially released?

Hey all new day new binary :stuck_out_tongue: they can come quick and fast in this thread while we iron out the changes and yes i’ll make a thread and official announcment with all the features and what not… we need a guide like you are a new user coming to the wallet for the first time… so if someone wants to start outlining that please feel free as We want to make the most of the new builds and client updates

anyway enough chit chat here is the link for the latest Windows Qt Peercoin 0.3.1.1 client

http://builds.peercointalk.org/Builds/WinQt-0.3.1.1.zip

I am making a page for all the builds to be kept on so people can see history of versions and I will put up the mac builds and linux ones once they are there as well.

but yeah another service added to the peercointalk brand :slight_smile:

http://builds.peercointalk.org

[size=12pt]About the new build changes[/size]

Ok so there should be no reference in english to bitcoin anywhere in the Qt client now :slight_smile: or BTC or wallet address examples that start with 1 etc so if you see any please let me know

Most if not all references of ppcoin have been updated to peercoin (I have left in the name of the conf file as being ppcoin and that is the directory the blockchain and wallet are still stored in) I would like confirmation from Sunny that we are happy to change all references of ppcoin to peercoin, but if there is any visible text on the client it should read Peercoin now (again please let me know if there are any you spot)

Finally the logos…

Can’t wait for your comments :stuck_out_tongue:
As a developer even I know there needs to be transparent backgrounds… i have failed to get them in this build… sorry about that, but i can do another … just need to have a go at making the logos again… my skills lie with code not with photoshop so if someone wants to make the new files please do here are the ones that need changing

http://builds.peercointalk.org/Builds/ppcoin.png
http://builds.peercointalk.org/Builds/ppcoin.ico
http://builds.peercointalk.org/Builds/toolbar.png

any other feedback please let me know

Enjoy :smiley:

Fuzzybear

Hi Fuzzy

thanks for the update. But atleast in the German version some points are still not changed.

Name of the window is still ppcoin. The backround of the logo should be transparent (photoshop anyone?)

name in the startup option is still ppcoin
Option for fee should be removed

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next build

Muto

Edit:

The startup logo should also be changed (still the old logo). But this is not a trivial task. Someone with good photoshop skills has to step in here

Edit2:

Found one more bitcoin in the console:

great feedback MUTO ty yeah on all versions those changes do not look to have happened… let me give it another go… and yeah initial splash logo needs photoshopper pls!!

Fuzzybear

fuzzy@anonymized.invalid

Just a really small cosmetic issue: “Send coins” and “Receive coins” should be replaced by “Send Coins” and “Receive Coins” or even better: “Send Peercoins” and “Receive Peercoins”. Wallet already feels a lot more peercoinish! :slight_smile:

Wow, you are fast :slight_smile:

Confirmed for the name of the window and the startup option

Console still says

Welcome to the Bitcoin RPC console.