Paper wallet?

I sent money - paper wallet ----
How do I get money ppcoin paper wallet ???

ImportPrivatekey command on the daemon to drop the address u sent the coins to into an online wallet… then u can send out from the wallet as standard using the client.

Fuzzybear

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:2, topic:1308”]ImportPrivatekey command on the daemon to drop the address u sent the coins to into an online wallet… then u can send out from the wallet as standard using the client.

Fuzzybear[/quote]

NOTE: Some where in the qt client under help, about, I think, theres a tab that might have something that looks like a command prompt. if you can find that, you can skip the whole cmd.exe thing and just type importprivkey yourPrivateKeyDoNotPostItGoesHere there.

Run the qt client (the pretty thing that looks like a wallet that you install, that you can send money to and from and downloads the whole blockchain has a green checkmark when caught up).

Right click on ppcoin icon, go to properties, look at where the ppcoin program is installed on your computer (C:\Program Files\ppcoin or something like that), make note of that.

Start menu, run, cmd.exe. This gets a you a black box with a blinky.

with the qt still running, go to the blinky. type cd\ (or cd \ cant remember if theres a space or not on windows). or just cd … repeatedly. until you are at just C:\

type cd (Start keying the first directory in the path you looked up, but dont finish, just hit tab until you find the one you want, then start typing the next directory).

you want to make it so you are in the same directory as where the program is running from (what you looked up earlier).

do a ‘dir’ . the folder should have ppcoin-qt and ppcoind in it (in windows, ppcoind might be in a different folder, not sure, but find that folder).

if you have an already encrypted wallet, either start fresh, or run a ‘walletpassphrase’ first.

It’s a command you can run with ppcoind to unlock your wallet first. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys

It probably easier to just start fresh SEND ANY COIN IN YOUR WALLET RIGHT NOW SOMEWHERE ELSE, OR BACK UP WALLET.DAT BEFORE YOU TRY THIS (MOVE IT SOMEWHERE, KEEP IT IN RECYCLE BIN, IF THERES COIN IN YOU WALLET RIGHT NOW YOUR DELETING IT IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO IT THIS WAY (start menu> run > %APPDATA% > click ppcoind, delete wallet.dat, when you rerun the qt client it will have a blank wallet )

when your in the right place run ppcoind importprivkey youPrivateKeyItsPrivateDoNotPostItGoesHere

I hope this helps out some noob somewhere

thank you

I could not :smiley:

In a somewhat related topic, I am trying to go through a dry run of importing my wallet.dat file to another computer and another client in order to feel comfortable knowing I know how to do it, in the case of a lost computer or a hard drive malfunction. I am not having much luck, and was hoping someone could walk me through it step by step or point me to an existing thread/video that does this

Thanks

Just to clarify: for a computer malfunction or hard drive malfunction you don’t have to use the paper wallet to make a backup. Just put your wallet.dat on a USB or external harddisk and put in cold storage. Restoring just requires installing client software and restoring wallet.dat to computer.

[quote=“Herb, post:6, topic:1308”]In a somewhat related topic, I am trying to go through a dry run of importing my wallet.dat file to another computer and another client in order to feel comfortable knowing I know how to do it, in the case of a lost computer or a hard drive malfunction. I am not having much luck, and was hoping someone could walk me through it step by step or point me to an existing thread/video that does this

Thanks[/quote]

Herb, what type of operating system are you working with? I have notes that I can publish tonight for how to do it on a Mac, if that helps. Functionally, it’s the same as doing it on a Windows or Linux machine, the only difference would be where you put the wallet.dat file.

Ben,

Im working with windows for now. Ive backed it up seemingly fine after encrypting it, and I Ive found the daemon and the correct location of the files. Its just that Im not exactly sure what to do next. Ive tinkered with a few things without success including replacing the wallet file in the new client with the copy of the backup from the old client(where the ppc is) without success. Any help you can give would be much appreciated

Thanks ahead of time